Tantasqua Regional and Union 61 School Districts are committed to providing
programs that promote students' academic, civic, social, emotional, and physical
To accomplish this mission, our schools will:
- Build communities of learners in which respect is fostered for each other,
the school, and the community.
- Prepare students for their roles in society by ensuring that
they can communicate effectively in all the disciplines, think critically,
and solve problems.
- Promote responsible participation in a democracy.
- To increase students' reading, writing, and mathematical skills.
- To foster skills that enable all students to locate, evaluate, synthesize, apply, and present information effectively.
- To foster respect for good citizenship and to help prepare citizens to become contributing members of a democratic society.
- To foster collegiality, collaboration, and communication among educators as a means of improving student achievement.
- To promote educational excellence through ongoing review of curriculum and enhancement of instruction.
- To use student performance data to address improvement of student achievement.
- To promote accountability in all areas of school operations
NOTE: TRSD and Union 61 have adopted these goals with the understanding
that the numbers are for referencing purposes only; these goals are not listed
in order of importance.
Adopted: 3-25-04 TRSD
Adopted: 6-17-04 Union 61